Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Every Mile a Memory

Last night Christy posted some pictures of us from high school. I decided to look through my senior scrapbook and pull some out too. Wow! All the old memories came flooding back. The time Christy stole my car. Haley and I sneaking out of her house after curfew. Partying at TomKat's house. Some really crazy times. My little blue car, which I miss dearly. Riding with Haley as she learned to drive a standard. Hitting the curb and smashing my head against the window. "Haley! There's a freaking curb there!" I also remember piling up in Brandon Primm's old Bronco and getting gum at the DoubleBee gas station on his mom's debt card. A very bittersweet memory there. Working at Heritage. Cruising around to Lil Jon. "Ye-ah!" If I think about it, I can put a memory with just about any place in town. Almost getting in a wreck with Haley at the BP parking lot. Cruising Hasting's in Haley's car with the windows down, the heat cranked up, blankets and gloves on, and the Walkman hooked up to the CD player. Going to Henderson State for preview day and racing some guy in a Camaro until he got pulled over by a cop. Tiffany and I going to Blazer Ball my senior year with one of my guy friends. Getting lost in Bay. Who does that? I know we have only been out of school three years, but sometimes it seems like a lifetime ago.

No comments: